FARE Nutrition Retreat
Join us for a supportive educational retreat as we work together to eliminate the food cravings that drive overeating. During this 5-day workshop, the group will learn how to prepare the healthy foods that support physical and mental wellness. You will also experience various ways to integrate self-care and movement into your life.
This is what you can expect from the retreat:
- Detox your body for increased energy and mental clarity.
- Rebalance your brain chemistry with the nutrient-dense foods that get rid of the cravings for sugar and addictive foods.
- Learn about the nutritional foundations and supplement recommendations that help balance the body and mind.
- Nurture yourself with “real” whole foods that eliminate unhealthy food cravings and support optimal health and wellness.
- Learn how to shop and prepare simple balanced meals that encourage weight release and provide key nutrients that heal the body and mind.
- Interact with your group and enjoy free unstructured time alone for self-growth.
- Experience emotional healing through creativity, beach walks, rest and relaxation.
- Take away an individual self-care program that you can incorporate into your everyday life.
What kind of food will be prepared at the retreat?
Breakfast is the only meal that will be replaced with a cleansing nutrient-dense protein drink. Lunch and dinner will be made from beautiful fresh and healthy local foods that the group prepares together. All meals are designed to eliminate food cravings through a balance of protein, fat and healthy carbohydrates. During the retreat, the group will visit a grocery store and learn how to shop for foods that support you when you return to your daily life. Recipes and weekly shopping lists will also be provided.
Is the retreat all work and no play?
Our time together includes a mix of structured and unstructured time. Participants cook and eat their meals together as they learn how to prepare and plan meals that support optimal health. Each morning, the group comes together to practice and discuss how to incorporate self-care into their everyday lives. Throughout the day, there are also opportunities for yoga, dancing and nature walks. The afternoon and evening include time for creative projects, beach walks and relaxation.
Do I need to prepare for the retreat?
No, you don’t need to do a thing. Once you register for the retreat, I will schedule a 30-minute phone session that is a pre-retreat orientation call for you to ask questions and make me aware of any special requirements you may have. Two weeks prior to the retreat, I will email you the retreat schedule details, together with driving directions and suggestions on what to pack for the retreat.
Will I be supported once I return home?
Yes. For two additional weeks, you will receive a 30-minute phone consultation and follow-up emails to help you adjust to your food and self-care program. After your initial cleanse has been completed in the fourth week, we will schedule a one-hour phone consultation. During that call, we will review your nutritional assessment report, personalized food plan and supplement recommendations.
Additionally you are welcome to attend the weekly FARE Nutrition client support phone meeting. I also offer a conference call or chat room for each retreat so that group members can stay in touch and continue to support each other. Optional consultation packages are available if you would like to continue with ongoing nutritional therapy.